Are you are torn between a DIY wedding invitation and hiring the services of a professional? Several factors come into play here. You have to look at the resources you have, the budget you have allocated to wedding invitations and the targeted result. If you choose to do it yourself, there are the advantages and disadvantages come along with it. Below are the possible pros and cons which you need to look closely as you decide to do DIY wedding invitations.
Pros of DIY wedding invitations
- You may end saving money which can be used in other activities regarding your wedding. Wedding invitations are just a sub-set of the whole wedding thing. It is just the beginning. You have to think of other financial obligations such as site booking and decoration and reception costs such as dining costs. Unlike getting professional services, DIY wedding invitations save you money in that you constrain your expenditure to the available resources and saving.
- You will enjoy something unique. Working on your invitations can guarantee a unique product. With your artistic ideas, you put your creativity to test and produce something that is not a duplicate from other sources.
- It is fun. If you have amazing ideas, be sure to have fun to work on them. Making the invitation cards for yourself will give that contentment feeling of you did it nicely. It comes along with a lot of joy and pleasure to be contented with your work.
- You got all the freedom you need. It gives you a chance to explore. You can try all the colors and materials you would wish to have on your invitation cards. Nothing restricts your liberty to try different ideas if you choose DIY.
- DIY gives you a full control of your creativity. You design your cards with your creativity, and so you can try your creativity the way you please.
- It helps you to control your nerves. Weddings can put a lot of pressure on you, ranging from financial to psychological stress and tension. Designing, cutting and the other activities related to making the cards can divert your attention away from the nervousness of the big day. You also get to interact with your bridal maids, and this is a good way to ease the tension.
Cons of DIY wedding invitations
- If creativity and artistic skills are not your things, then you may end up failing. If you are not crafty enough, you may come up with something that does not content you.
- It can turn out to be stressful and frustrating if you encounter many errors. The more errors and trials you make, the more frustrated you become.
- It could take longer than you had planned. Because errors will be made, you may end up spending more time as you try to correct the mistakes.
- You might spend more than you anticipated. If you do not plan well, you might end up allocating less money to wedding invitations. If you encounter many errors which need new resources to correct, you may spend more.
- Sometimes the image of the invitation card can only be good as an idea in head and not reality.